Monday, January 14, 2013

Crafty Monday - Christmas Projects

Every year for Christmas, I try to make something for all of Katie's teachers / support staff at school. With so many to make, it is important for me to keep the cost somewhat reasonable while also making sure it is something that will look nice. This year I chose to make chipboard wall hangings. I used the pages from a 5 x 7" chipboard album, and some assorted patterned papers / journal cards from Echo Park and Simple Stories. I chose their Christmas paper packs, which included sticker embellishments. This enabled me to put the plaques together quickly because everything was already coordinated for me.


For Katie's homeroom teacher, I altered a frame so she could insert a Christmas photo after the holidays. I found this frame / matte set at Hobby Lobby, then covered the matting up with paper, decorated it, then reinserted it into the frame. She loved it!


I hope you enjoyed this first installment of Crafty Monday! Happy 2013.

No comments: