Ten things going on right now:
1. Brendan had his final Elementary School band concert yesterday. We are doing too many "lasts" with him right now. Junior High begins in August and I am wishing for the days when he was two and just wanted to be with us all the time.
2. Katie has her Bridging Ceremony from Daisies to Brownies tonight. I remember when she began Daisies and wanted to know the color of her vest. When I told her it was blue, she asked if it was "Cinderella Blue" or "Snow White Blue".
3. Summer officially begins in 10 days! I LIVE for summers with the kidlets. We used to have more unscheduled time, but I'm getting used to having a schedule in the summertime now. They are both doing tennis lessons, Brendan is also in Junior Golf again, and Katie will attend CCD (Religious Ed) in June (first time without her brother) - she is getting ready for her First Holy Communion. Plus LOTS of time at the pool.
4. Mr. C enjoyed his first golf tournament of the summer on Sunday. He played in a one-man scramble. He said it was a lot of fun. He thought he came in 2nd, but a couple other guys came in after he did, so he ended up in 4th place in his flight.
5. My new golf bag arrived yesterday. I plan on being out on the course a lot more this summer. Doesn't life get easier when your kids become old enough to enjoy the same activities you enjoy?
6. Marc came home for Mother's Day - and he brought his girlfriend with him! Shannon is a lovely girl, inside and out. It was a wonderful gift to have them take the time to come all this way to see me.
7. Sean began a new work schedule. He likes being able to spend more time with Landry. Chloe and Landry moved to Ogden a couple of months ago, which has been an adjustment for all of them. They seem to be doing great though.
8. Lots and lots of grilling! This is a two-fold joy for me: a) I don't have to do the cooking, and b) The mess is outside, not in the kitchen.
9. The pool opens this weekend! The kids are so excited!
10. We are planning a weekend in Denver with the kidlets to celebrate the end of school. On the agenda: Katie's 1st Rockies game!