Monday, March 05, 2012

It will not be me.

Have you ever had the misfortune of knowing someone toxic?
You know the type:
someone who always causes trouble for everyone else,
yet seems to come out of things unscathed?
How do they manage to do it?
How can they continually treat others so shabbily,
yet suffer no repercussions? 
I can't figure it all out.
And, heaven forbid someone would actually stand up to them! 
That would be unacceptable.

I stood up though.
I didn't allow it to continue.
I removed myself from the situation,
and everyone associated with it.
Things are a bit more quiet for me now.
And I lost a few people from my life.
But that is the price that we have to pay
to keep peace and harmony.

And it was totally worth it.

But life for the toxic one continues on as before,
except with one less person to bully.

There will be another victim before long...
there always is

But it will not be me.


No comments: