Monday, January 30, 2012

Serenity Now!


This was taken last night while I was huffing and puffing around the lake. I was a vision of beauty, I tell ya: Sweats, running shirt, jacket, headband, hair up in a pony/bun thing, and I was freezing. It was a balmy 48 degrees with 20 mph winds. The photo looks so serene, but don't let it fool you. It was brutal!

Mr. C and I have signed up for another race - The Colorado Marathon/Half Marathon in Ft. Collins. It will begin up in Poudre Canyon, and end in Old Town (where the microbreweries live!). The race is on Mother's Day, which means I am rewarding myself for giving birth to four children (the first and fourth being 20 years apart), and all of those long sleepless nights staying up with sick kidlets, by getting up at 5 am, freezing, and running 13.1 miles. I know how to do things right, don't I? I told Mr. C that he had better be holding a beer for me when I cross that finish line (carb-enriched fluid is good for you after a long run...).

Anyway, to avoid the trouble I had when I did the Santa Barbara Half Marathon in November, I decided I'd better be a bit more diligent in my training this time. So the Mr. and I went to the lake and put in some miles (he ran 8, I walked 4). I am hoping to keep all of my toenails, and come home with a few less blisters after this race.

So, for the next 3-1/2 months, you'll be able to find me on a treadmill at the gym - avoiding the "Gym Nazi" (she is a crazy old woman who comes into the cardio room and insists on turning the TVs to Fox News even though she is only going to be there for 10-15 minutes). I cringe when she comes in each time. She scares me. Anyone who would stare down a big body-building dude in order to win the TV Wars is too much for me.




No comments: