Friday, January 27, 2012

Sports Fan

I don't think it is a secret that I love sports. Any sports. During the Winter Olympics, I even watch Curling. Curling: the sport that basically consists of people sweeping ice.

I also love football (high school, college, or pro), baseball (pretty much only during the playoffs), swimming, gymnastics, skiing, freestyle skiing, golf (yes, GOLF), and pretty much any other sport except NBA Basketball (I have no idea why I can't stomach that sport, but I can't).

Next week is the event of the year: The Super Bowl! Since the Donkeys will be in Denver rather than Indianapolis, I don't really have a preference (except I am not a Brady fan). And then when the festivities are over, we have the sad wait until the new season begins again in August. Bummer.

And then there is tennis. It is really fun to watch...until you get stuck watching a player that adds "sound effects" to her game. You know the ones, they hit the ball and let out a very loud moan or sigh. Over. And over. And over. I hate it. I should mute it, but then I wouldn't be able to hear the fascinating commentary of Chris Evert (insert sarcastic eye roll).

So, this weekend will be filled with the Tennis finals from Australia. I'm hoping only the quiet girls are in the finals - I'd hate for someone to walk by my window and get the wrong idea...



No comments: