Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris

I first want to say that I really enjoyed this book. It was easy to read, and kept me interested. Although I have never before read one of Joshua Harris' books, I had heard of his books on dating (or NOT dating, to be specific). His writing style is enjoyable and he didn't speak over my head in any way. Often, when reading a book on theology, I find I have a difficult time staying attentive to the bigger message - I tend to get caught up in trying to keep track of too many details. Not so with this book.

Harris seems to be completely authentic when writing about his beliefs. I like that he uses people he knows as examples in the book. His discussion of Jesus' birth and childhood , in particular, was captivating. All too often, we tend to forget that, although He was God, He was also a human. He had human experiences and human (physical) frailties.

I also really enjoyed reading the Reflection and Discussion Guide at the end of the book. This would be a wonderful Small Group Study. The questions contained within this section caused me to really stop and THINK about what I believe, and what I intend to do about those beliefs.
I highly recommend this book.



“I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review”.

No comments: