Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pool Days...


I brought my computer out to the pool yesterday. I’ve been thinking of doing it all summer long, but didn’t actually do it until then. Unfortunately, I have found there is no wireless access from my little poolside table. Rather than just sit there reading yet another book or magazine, I decided I’d write my blog post anyway, and then post it when I get home.


I registered the kidlets for school yesterday. There was some slight confusion as to which teacher Katie had been assigned, but in the end both of them got the teachers I had requested last spring. The gals in the school office thought Katie was do very well with a particular teacher because they apparently have similar personalities. Brendan’s 4th grade teacher told me which 5th grade teacher she thought would work best for Brendan. In all the years my kids have been in school, I had never requested a specific teacher until last year. There was an awesome teacher that I really wanted for Brendan so I asked the principal if he would put Bren her class…and he kindly obliged. Brendan’s year was the best one yet and I am so happy I spoke up.

As I mentioned above, we are hanging at the pool. With only two weeks left of summer, we don’t have many days left where we can come and swim all day long. The kids have enjoyed their time out here so much. I was really nervous in April when we signed up out here, but it has been one of the best things we’ve ever done for our children. They golf several times/week with Mr. C, they swim almost daily, we enjoy coming to breakfast here on Sunday mornings after church, and the extra activities have been so much fun. It has almost been like being on vacation every day.

A few weeks ago I mentioned to Mr. C that I haven’t been home at all this summer and that the house isn’t as clean as I’d like it to be. He replied that summer in Wyoming is so short and to just enjoy the time with the kids. I can worry about cleaning after school starts. I am so blessed to have such an understanding hubby. He is more concerned with the kids enjoying their summer rather than having the house cleaned and spotless. I love that. There are some days when I almost think hanging out at the pool is a waste of my time and that I could be accomplishing so much more if we’d only stayed home that day. But, then I look out and watch the happy smiles and hear the laughter coming from my children and I know I am doing the right thing. They are only this age once and this time in their lives is so fleeting. I need to remember that more often. This is the stuff they will remember when they are adults: summers spent at the pool with their friends, playing lots of golf and tennis, and all of the fun times.

Mr. C has been busy again this week. Not quite as busy as a couple of weeks ago, but busy. I am grateful he has such a good job and I am VERY grateful that he is appreciated there. I look back to February when we found out he was being laid off from his former job. We were nervous and afraid of what the future would hold. But, he had another job within a week, with a great firm, and with that came this opportunity to join the country club. Never, in our most crazy dreams, did we ever anticipate things would work out as well as they have. Things couldn’t have turned out better for us if we had planned it. Mr. C is really happy with his job. He works for (and with) some really wonderful people. I’ve always known that the plans I have for myself pale in comparison to the plans God has in store for us…and this is just another example of that.

No comments: