Friday, August 20, 2010

For the Love of Goop!

There are only a few things I miss about living in Utah:

I miss my boys (obviously).
And Chloe and Carter. :)
I miss everything being so family-friendly.
And I miss goop.

Goop, AKA fry-sauce, is available everywhere in Utah. It is even widely available at burger places in neighboring states, but once you get east of Rock Springs, WY, nobody even knows what it is. There are a few recipes for this delectable condiment, but the one I use is: 1 part mayo, 1 part ketchup, and a splash of pickle juice. Mix well. Serve with fries, chicken nuggets, burgers, etc. I love it with chicken strips and homemade fries the best.

Mr. C and Bren refuse to use it, but Katie and I love it. You can get a bottled version in the grocery stores (Some Dude’s Fry Sauce – yes, that is the actual name), but it has HFCS and doesn’t taste quite the same as the good old burger drive-in variety that I grew up on.

So, try making it one night when you are having fries!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Brian and Becca Moore said...

Fry sauce is on my top ten list of best things about moving to UT. A blog post I intend to write someday. But love it!

Brian and Becca Moore said...

Fry sauce is on my top ten list of best things about moving to UT. A blog post I intend to write someday. But love it!

ChloƩ. said...

You miss ME too right? Lol.

Anyways, goop is ammmmmazing. Especially the homemade-Cobb kind :)

MOM said...

I used to make it with Mayo, a little mustard, a little cat. and cut up pickles (dill) with a little pickle juice and I still make it when I cook burgers!!!

Ani said...

LOL...minus the pickle juice, that's what I grew up with as "fish-stick" sauce.