Thursday, July 29, 2010

Days 3 - 5 of "Project: Week Without Kidlets"

Day 3
I went to work again and caught completely up. It was such a good feeling! Mr. C and I went to dinner at the Country Club, then he had to go back to work. With CFD in full swing, it is nice to be able to go out there to eat because it isn't crowded like everything else in town is. Mr. C then went back to the office and I read another book for the Summer Reading Challenge at the Library.

Day 4
...was fairly uneventful. I just cleaned and hung out at home. It felt good. The house was quiet...almost too quiet. I got some more reading done, which meant I only had 1 more book to read to complete the library's challenge.

Day 5
I went and did a little shopping for Mr. C, then came home to read again. I finished "The Man Whisperer" finally, which meant I finished my 25th book this summer for the challenge. I can now go pick up my prize tomorrow at the library! Last year I finished 25 books by the end of June, so I was a month behind this year, but at least I completed the challenge so I won't beat myself up too much. Mr. C came home for dinner, then went back to the office. He is working on a new project, so at least it isn't the same one that has been dogging him - but he is getting tired and worn out.

My bottle of Moscato sits unopened in the fridge and we've spend almost NO TIME TOGETHER at all this week. And so far, the score for the week is:

Mr. C's Projects 6
Romance            0

I'm thinking of demanding a re-count.
Where do I go to file a complaint about this one? :)     

Tomorrow is Day 6 and will be filled with errands because we go pick up the kidlets on Saturday. Hopefully Mr. C doesn't have to work too late tomorrow night. I don't want him to be tired on our long road trip. I may just have him stay home and go by myself if he works too late. I don't want him to get too run down and get sick.

I have to complete my final layout for The Good Grief Blog. I am sad that it is coming to an end, but I know it has helped so many people. The final challenge will be posted on Sunday, August 1. Check it out.

Also, my favorite scrapbook store (The Treasure Box) is closing. I am heartbroken about it. I have been going there for 12 years, and been on the Design Team for almost 6. It will be sad to not have a scrappy place to call home, well..except for my scrap room at home - but I don't have a store in there so it isn't the same. I will probably be doing my shopping online or driving to Denver to get my fix...er, supplies.

So that is my childless week in a nutshell. Totally relaxing and completely uneventful - just the way I like it. Except I would've loved to have Mr. C around a little more. ;oD

No comments: