Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Summertime!

Summer begins Friday morning at 10:30. I am so excited that I can hardly stand it. I love summer!!!

My favorite things about summer are:

 Warmer weather
 Having the kidlets home for 3 months
 Hanging by the pool
 flowers
 BBQ’s
 Eating dinner on the patio
 Watching the kidlets play on the playset
 Sleeping with the windows open (well, except when my allergies are bad)
 Long walks in the evening
 Picnics
 Baseball and golf seasons

The week has been full of fun! Brendan and Mr. C had a FAB time at the golf tourney on Sunday. Brendan was able to follow his favorite golfer, Tom Watson. Mr. Watson smiled at him several times, and autographed B’s hat after his round. Brendan was overjoyed! They were also able to watch Freddie Couples quite a bit, which thrilled Mr. C. Marc arrived on Monday. It is so good having him home. Monday night we attended a graduation party. It was so great to see the graduate (he is an awesome kid), and to catch up with longtime friends. It was a fun evening and we kept the kidlets out far too late, but it was well-worth it.

My diet is going well. I have lost 7 lbs. so far. Not a huge amount, but a good start. I haven’t been working out as much as I need to – that would help tremendously. But it’s not going to be a speedy process, so I need to be patient.

Is anyone else surprised that Al & Tipper Gore are splitting up?!?! I am shocked. After 40 years together, one would assume that they had made it. They’ve lived the hard years of raising children, building careers, etc. It just seems so sad that just when things should be quiet and easy, they throw in the towel. Oh how I pray this never happens to Mr. C and me. It is just so terribly sad.

I am currently reading a terrific book called “The Man Whisperer” by Rick Johnson. This book talks about the influence we women have on our husbands – for the good and for the bad – and how careful we need to be with this power. Our attitudes can have a tremendous impact on their self-worth, their attitude, and their faith. We need to be working to build our husbands up – to let them know they are loved and appreciated. I think that any man’s greatest desire is to be respected and loved (and you thought I was going to say something else!). This book is really great and I highly recommend for all wives to read it. Your husband (and your family) will benefit greatly from it.

No comments: