Friday, June 25, 2010

a few clarifications...

This whole baseball situation has exploded into something very, very ugly.

I misunderstood,
they misunderstood,
and now everyone is upset.

In no way
did I want to accuse coach of intentionally hitting my son with the pitch.

I did not for one minute
 think he did it on purpose, or I would've called the police immediately.

My whole point of frustration was that I felt nobody had really checked to see how bad the injury was.
That was it.

I guess the coach asked if Bren was ok,
and Bren nodded.

What they didn't realize is that Brendan always says he is ok when he gets hurt. He tries to be tough and strong. Once he nodded, the coach assumed he was fine and sent him to the dugout - then turned around , put his back to the plate, and began to pick up balls to throw to the next kid.

I guess players who are having hitting issues are often told to
bunt
so they can at least make contact with the ball -
then as they become more confident, they can start swinging.
I feel absolutely horrible that I even said anything now.
I am fiercely protective of my children, I know that.
I can't help it.
I'm a mom.

But I am a very sucky whistleblower.

I can't handle guilt.

1 comment:

ChloƩ: said...

Don't feel guilty. You were just taking care of your son. That's your job :) I would have done the SAME thing.