Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Twister



No, not the game - the weather event. It is one of the scariest things I've ever been through. I had taken Katie to the studio for ballet and tumbling, then come home to wait for Brendan to arrive from school. He was only here a few minutes when the sirens started going off. We ran downstairs and turned on the TV to see what was going on. It took a few minutes for the news and weather channels to break into programming with the tornado warning. They then informed us that the twister was 13 miles south of town...which is right where Mr. C's construction project is located. I called him, and fortunately he was in town for a County Commissioner meeting and had just left the site. I asked what I should do about Katie and he told me to go pick her up. I drove down Carlson and turned onto Powderhouse when I was faced with a ginormous funnel cloud in this distance - but it was all I could see in my windshield. It was far away, but not far enough that I wasn't terrified for my daughter. I drove to the studio, ran in and grabbed her and her things, jumped into the car and came back home - all in 14 minutes flat. We went downstairs with Brendan to wait out the storm. Fortunately, the tornado went back up in to the clouds, but there were a total of 8 tornados in Cheyenne yesterday afternoon.

I asked Mr. C to take a night off from his gym workout just in case another one hit, so he came home at about 6:30 pm. The rest of the evening was just filled with thunderstorms, thank heavens.

The kidlets went to bed at their normal time, while we watched our DVR'd episode of The Biggest Loser. Best show ever!!! I love this group of participants (well, except Melissa - she was horrid). I love how supportive they are of one another and how there is no back-stabbing going on. I am also hoping that Michael and Ashley end up dating. They seem so cute with one another. It's just sweet.

After watching BL and the news, we went to sleep...only to be awakened at 3:30 by a miserable little girl who could not sleep and had a sore throat and fever. She climbed into bed with us around 4 am, which meant we've been awake ever since. Ugh. She seems a bit better this morning, but I couldn't send her to school with a fever and no sleep so we are hanging out in our jammies today.

Have a happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jency and Joey said...

SCARY! I didn't think we had tornados out west! I'm glad everyone is ok. And Joey says thank you for your post :) And I say thank you for your prayers :) I hate it when he gets hurt, it breaks my heart.

P.s. yes of course you can link my blog. I love reading yours!