Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

First, I want to wish my Mom, Patti, and my amazing aunts a very Happy Mother's Day. I love and appreciate you all!!!

We had a really nice day today. It began when Mr. C and I woke up early and had a few minutes to just relax and talk without the noise of the kidlets invading our conversation. Then, Katie woke up and climbed into bed with us to cuddle. We got ready for church, went to Mass, then met Marc, Sean, and Chloe for brunch. It was delicious and the mimosas were divine! After brunch, we came home and the guys all got ready to head back to the golf course. No, they weren't being selfish - I TOLD them to go. Today is the only nice day we're going to have this week, and Marc will be leaving for Alaska next month, so I knew this would be their only chance to go out together to play this spring. Brendan was very excited that he got to go and hang with the guys. Katie, Chloe and I have been hanging out at the house with Joon (Marc's dog...AKA the Grand Puppy).

I am so grateful for my four children, and the opportunity God has given me to bear them (although I do wish it had been less painful :o) ), nurture them, and love them. My entire life is devoted to my family and my gratitude is boundless for these four beautiful souls. I want each of them to know how much I love them and that being their Mom has been the best thing I've ever done in my life. I am not perfect, and I blow it all the time, but I have always tried my hardest to do what is best for them.

Mother's Day isn't a day where I expect to be catered to, or treated extra special. To me, Mother's Day is a day to be grateful for my children - and the joy they bring to my life. It is a day to remember the good times, and the times that were not-so-good. It is a day for me to reflect upon the areas where I can improve. I also love that Mother's Day falls right before summer. I like to sit and think of all the fun things I can share with my children this summer. Nope, it isn't about "me" - it is about them.

I want to thank my children for their patience and their understanding when I have screwed up royally (and there have plenty of times THAT happened). I want to thank them for the joy, the tears, and the laughter. I am so looking forward to the years ahead, and the fun that is yet to be had. So, Marc, Sean, Brendan, and Katie...my heart is always with you. I love you more than I can ever say. You four have blessed my life immeasurably. Love, Mubs

Happy Mother's Day!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Aww, that's so sweet. Glad you had a happy day! :-)