Thursday, April 08, 2010

It has been forever and a day...

...since I've posted. No excuses - just busy living life with the family. We also battled bronchitis and the stomach flu within the past month.

First, the winner of my "Help Marti Come Up With a Cool Grandma Name" contest was Christyn with "Meme" - and Karen with "Mimi". I love it. Christyn, I'll bring your Starbucks GC to the crop on Saturday. Karen, I know you don't go to Starbucks, so I'm going to come up with something else to send you. :o) So, we will be "Meme and Papa" to the Grandbaby - mainly because it is easy for the baby to say. LOL. And, speaking of the Grandbaby, here is his first picture!


Yes, I said "his"! Apparently, there was some strong evidence that they are going to be having a man-child! We'll know for certain in about 8 more weeks, but the tech was fairly confident it wouldn't be changing. Look how cute he looks just all laxing and sucking his little thumb! Personally, I think he is awfully handsome already.


Katie celebrated her 5th birthday on March 13 at The Party Pony. She had a fabulous time with 18 of her closest friends! I can't post party pics yet because I haven't asked permission from the other moms. I need to do that because we got some really fun shots of the kids playing on the carousel!

We had a really wonderful Easter. Easter has become my favorite holiday for so many reasons. I like that it is much less stressful than Thanksgiving or Christmas. I also enjoy the significance of the resurrection - new life, new beginnings, and a fresh start. Easter Mass was beautiful and we had a nice dinner here with Sean and Chloe. Here are the kidlets' Easter baskets:
Katie has been begging us for a suitcase for a while. She didn't like using Brendan's old one (it was black, red, and blue). The Easter Bunny brought her a cute pink one (complete with the Eiffel Tower on the front) filled with candy and treasures.


The Easter Bunny brought Brendan a new baseball mitt filled with candy. He begins baseball next week. He didn't want to play last year due to a bad experience the previous one, but he has decided to give it another try this year. I am praying it goes well.

I am going to be spending Saturday in Ft. Collins scrapbooking with more than 20 of the nicest women I know. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone - it seems like forever since I've seen everyone. There will be some new faces attending this time, and I am really looking forward to meeting them, too! I feel so incredibly blessed to have met so many amazing women (and many of my dearest friends) through scrapbooking.

I also wanted to give a quick shout-out to my firstborn. Marc turns 25 tomorrow. Wow, do I feel old. This past quarter-century has zipped by at lightening speed. It seems like he was just placed in my arms for the first time. He somehow survived all of my early years of mothering - when I was filled with fear and nervousness. It seems so unfair that he got stuck with a mom who knew nothing about raising a child. We grew up together, in many ways. I miss him like crazy, but am so proud of him. He has 2 more semesters of school before he earns his degree in Wildlife Biology/Fisheries. He has grown to be such a handsome and kind man. I love him so very, very much and I am so very grateful that God entrusted me with him. Happy Birthday, Marc...my first sweet babe. I love you!

3 comments:

ChloƩ: said...

Awh, thanks for posting a picture of our lil man :) He's cute already! Haha. And those cupcakes are DARLING.

Suzanne said...

Aww, Marti, congrats on the baby boy! We're having a boy too! (Well, not WE, but you know... LOL) Happy birthday to your girl!

Pamela Smerker said...

Hi Marti,

Congrats on a sweet baby boy!
The cupcakes look de-lish with all of that frosting piled high. Would you mind if I shared that photo on our Party Starter webpage and social networks?

Thanks,
Pam

Party Starters
www.partystart.me