Monday, April 12, 2010

Fabulous Weekend

I had the best weekend. Friday, Katie and I spent the afternoon at a playdate. She played with her friend, Issy, and I got to hang with Issy's very awesome Mom, Jamie. It was such a great day! The girls played well together, and Jamie and I nearly lost track of time and forgot we had school-aged kids coming home. We are planning another one soon. I cannot wait!

While I was hanging out at Jamie's, my new baby arrived via my UPS Dude. Mr. C got it for me because he is such a sweetie-pie.

He spent all day Saturday transferring my files from my old computer to this one. I love it! It is gorgeous!!! And it works so much better than my old one (which kept locking up on me and was running very, very S-L-O-W-L-Y). I'm not wireless yet - we need a router for that - but I plan to be as soon as Mr. C can get to it. He also took the kidlets to Target to pick out a cute pink mouse for it while I was in Ft. Collins that day.

Speaking of Ft. Collins, I was down there on Saturday with more than 20 of the most fabulous scrapbookers ever. Seriously, I am in awe of the talent that is concentrated right here in the Rocky Mountain region. But the best part of my day was just spending time with these beautiful ladies. They are all so giving and kind and fun. I could go on all day about how wonderful they are, but suffice it to say, I feel blessed to call many of these girls my friends. We laughed and shared ideas (well, I didn't share, I just soaked it all in - but you get the idea). Liz Qualman has a fabulous wrap-up of our day on her blog. She also has some terrific sketch ideas so be sure to check them out while you're there.

After having such a big day on Saturday, I overslept on Sunday and missed going to mass. Mr. C took the kidlets though (he is always so good to take them even if I can't go). Afterwards, we went to Lion's Park for a picnic and let the kidlets play in the Children's Discovery Garden. They had a blast. I would post pictures, but my camera decided to rebel!!! I tried to turn it on and it wasn't working, so I assumed it was a dead battery. Nope. Dead camera. Grrrr. After calling around, I have had to accept the fact that it is cheaper to purchase a new camera than to fix this one. I am very sad.

We have a full week ahead: baseball practice has begun, ballet and tumbling are in full-swing, dentist appointments, school, work, etc. We are getting closer to the end of school, and I am so excited for summer. I have the kidlets signed up for some fun classes at the college, they'll do their religious ed in June, and we are thinking of getting a membership to the outdoor swimming pool. I am so looking forward to spending my days just playing with the kids.

Check back soon. I will have some layouts to post, hopefully. I didn't manage to get a LOT done on Saturday, but I did get a few pages completed. Plus, the Good Grief Blog has another challenge posted and mine will be spotlighted this week.

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Congrats on the new pink bundle of joy! :-D