Friday, April 30, 2010

Fabulous Friday!

Friday!!!! I just adore Fridays. Friday means I have 2 full days ahead of me before we are slammed with another busy week. Right now, I am celebrating Friday by enjoying a nice glass of wine, listening to the kidlets plan their sleepover together downstairs, and waiting for Mr. C to get home from the gym. He doesn't appreciate Friday evenings as much as I do, I guess. He told me he would be just an hour...two hours ago.

Tonight, he wants to watch the Quail Hollow golf tournament on the Golf Channel when he gets home. He does not yet know that Mr. Tiger Woods has missed the cut and won't be playing the weekend. He will be thrilled with that little tidbit of info. We aren't Tiger fans in this house, we are Phil Phans. :o) I, however, do not really care to watch golf tonight. I will probably just enjoy some (more) wine, and read a book. Maybe a romance novel. I am thinking I need some of that. LOL. Yes, the fun never ends in this house.

It's been a crazy week around here. It began last Friday when Mr. C's car got hit in the parking lot of his office. Luckily, the gentleman who hit it left his info. The car is currently in the shop and should be done by the end of next week. He doesn't mind his rental car so all-in-all, it hasn't been too bad of an experience - just a nuisance more than anything.

That evening, however, things went downhill fast. We had made dinner plans with some friends and shortly before we left, I began feeling bad. Really bad. It got progressively worse the entire time we were at dinner. I couldn't eat a thing, and I was feeling very fevered. By the time we got home, I had a high fever and was very sick. It hit Mr. C in the middle of the night that night. Saturday we were worthless so Bren had to take care of Katie (and us). I lost 11 lbs. by Monday morning. Don't worry - unfortunately, it found it's way back to me. Bren's reward for being such a great nurse-maid? His own case of the stomach flu. We missed his field trip to Ft. Laramie and everything.

But, it is once again FRIDAY! We have a fresh new weekend in front of us so we can make up for not having one last week. I'm sure this one will be fabulous and we will enjoy it so much more. :o)

1 comment:

Gwyn said...

Sounds like a great Friday...especially after your family's made it through a bout of the stomach flu! Now that Summer's quickly approaching, we should plan a time to get together!