Monday, March 01, 2010

Character

Mr. C started his new job on Friday. He really likes it. I think it's going to be a nice change for him - a balance between a small firm, and the corporate world. He really got tired of all of the corporate garbage. He says that everyone in his new office is nice and nobody is trying to climb over anyone else - they are truly a team.

He has a bit of work that he has agreed to do for his old company. I was not happy about this. First of all, they put themselves into this bind - he wasn't responsible for the fact that they hadn't researched his projects before they laid him off. Second, he has given up WAY TOO MANY evenings and weekends for that place. I do not want to lose one more moment to that company. Third, his former boss wanted a flat-fee because they were almost out of budget on it (again, not Mr. C's problem). Well, he decided to help them out anyway. And for a cheaper rate than they'd offered. I told him he was nuts and he was selling himself short. again. He replied, "Marti, you loved me and married me because of my ideals and my values. This is who I am. I cannot control what they did. All I can do is control myself. I refuse to let THEIR decisions dictate MY character. This is how I live my life and I won't allow their behavior to change it.". Yes, I felt like a heal. He was right. And, for the record, I DID apologize and tell him that. Oh, and he is going to use the money he makes from this project to purchase two (count them - TWO) new laptops: one for him, and a ca-ute pink one for me. I think he only added the pink one so I would help him with his report. teehee.

It was wonderful having him home for 3 weeks. We got the living room painted (I will post pics when the finishing touches are complete). It was so nice to spend so much time with him. I miss him now that he is gone all day. Although, he did get home on Friday at 5:15 pm!!!! That is the earliest he's been home in many, many years. It was wonderful! His new office is only a few blocks from our house.

I will post more later. Just wanted to let everyone know that we're still around and doing well. Life is good. We are blessed.

3 comments:

ChloƩ: said...

Awh! I'm so glad he likes his job. That's wonderful :)

ak2co said...

so glad he likes his job so happy when good things happen to good people like pink laptops!

Marti's World said...

Thank you both! Yes, the pink laptop is going to be fabulous! I cannot wait!!! I have been wanting one forever.