Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fun, but busy, week!

Well, the week began with me fighting a chest cold. again. This is the story of my life - literally. I managed to go to work on Tuesday (mainly because Melissa is on vacation and I felt too guilty to stay home in bed). I thought I was feeling a big better on Wednesday, but still awfully congested. Luckily, I had my yearly check up scheduled for the afternoon. That isn't my typical feeling regarding my annual checkup, but it did, indeed, turn out to be lucky for me. The dr. found I have pneumonia in the lower lobe of my left lung (say that 3 times fast). So, she prescribed antibiotics - and a chest x-ray if they don't work - and praised me on my weight loss (25 lbs. this summer) - and sent me on my merry way.

Today I am still in my jammies. I should be helping to decorate for my niece's wedding this morning, but I don't know if I'm going to make it. Of course, if I had showered and dressed instead of updating my blog, I would have a better shot at making it over there, huh?!?! Anyway, decorating this morning. Then rehearsal and rehearsal dinner tonight. Then I've got to get Brendan a navy tie and a hair cut by tomorrow at 2 pm when the wedding begins.

Saturday, I get to go to a fun crop in Ft. Collins. Some of the Denver gals are coming up, several Ft. Collins gals are coming, and a few of us Cheyenne girls are going. It should be a really fun day. I am planning on going 10 am - midnight. Hopefully my health is improved enough for me to accomplish this ;oD .

Tom and the kidlets are going to Ft. Collins with me. They will hang with Uncle Don all day, then we'll stay the night with him and come home on Sunday. Sunday afternoon is my final weigh-in for the summer Biggest Loser competition. I know I didn't win - but I am so thrilled with what I managed to lose this summer anyway. I will continue my workouts and am praying that by next summer, I am back to my old self again.

Well, that's all from here. I'm going to try to take a shower and see if I can manage to go help decorate. If not, at least I won't smell like mentholatum so my husband will hug me again. LOL Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What??? Tom doesn't like the smell of mentholatum???
Congrats on the 25 pounds!!! Good for you!!

Give me the skinny on the biggest loser saturday!!!

Katies pictures are too cute!