Sunday, June 07, 2009

Summertime has arrived!!!

Well, at least the calendar says it has. You wouldn't know it by looking outside though. Gray, cold, and rainy today. It is expected to last all week. But, the upside of all of this is that school is out!!! And this week the kids have activities so they won't feel too bad about being inside every morning now because the weather is going to be chilly and wet. See! There is always a bright side.

I had the best day yesterday. I went to The Treasure Box for a scrapbooking day with the funnest ladies on the planet. There were 16 of us and we celebrated our friend Amanda's birthday. We shopped, went to lunch, shopped, had cake, shopped, and got a tiny bit of scrapping in, too. Seriously, I got almost nothing done. But it was all good. We laughed and chatted and just enjoyed the time away together. I just love spending the day with my girl Houston. I felt better knowing she didn't get anything done either. :oD We talk and laugh too much. We'll be doing another crop in a couple of months. I am already excited.

I got my hands on the latest Scenic Route paper yesterday, too. Love this line!!!! It is called Garden Grove and it's so bright and Hawaiian looking! Perfect for finishing up my vacation albums from last year. Yes, I am still working on those. I also bought another 9 packages of thickers. These are my favorite alpha stickers ever. I didn't need any more, but I found a bunch of colors/styles that I didn't already own and they just kept calling out saying they wanted to come home with me.

Last week my friend Jackie created a Cheyenne's Biggest Loser group. I joined. Because I need it. We met on Sunday afternoon for weigh-in and a review of the rules. We're doing a 12-week challenge (June 1 - August 23). There was a newspaper lady there and once I confirmed she would be taking no photographs for the newspaper, I relaxed a little bit. She asked for volunteers who would be willing to talk with her throughout the competition and to do a wrap-up in August. I raised my hand immediately. No, I don't go for lots of publicity - I wanted the accountability. If I know Ms. Newspaper Lady will be calling and checking in, I am not going to be as likely to miss my workouts or to cheat on my eating program. So far, so good. We weigh in tomorrow evening. Wish me luck.

We have a couple of busy weeks ahead of us. Brendan has CCD (Religious Ed) in the morning for the next two weeks. I like the summer program better than the every-Wednesday-evening program. Brendan gets so much more out of it. Katie will be attending Vacation Bible School this week at a local church. They always do a really fun program for the kids and she enjoys going. Then next week, she has Cheerleading Week at her Ballet school. She is very, very excited for this. It should be a lot of fun for her.

Marc and Sean came home this weekend. They arrived late Friday night and left this afternoon. I've had my scrapping day planned for quite some time, and I was one of the organizers, so I couldn't miss it. They hung out with Tom and the kidlets all day, then we went to Mexican last night for dinner. Marc got a new puppy named Joon. She is a black lab and is just adorable. Marc will be leaving in a couple of weeks for his Alaska trip. He won't be back until late October. I miss him already. Sean's job is going well, too.

I've been trying to get some creating accomplished lately. I will post pictures this week, I promise. I completed two small wall-quilts for the kids' teachers. I've also been able to get several scrapbook layouts completed lately. I'll try to get it all photographed and posted.

Well, my family just returned from their trip to McDonald's so I'd better get going. I promise it won't be another month before I post again. Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Houston said...

I hope it won't be so long between posts, I love reading little snippets of your life! I had so much fun yesterday! Enjoy the boys and I'll talk to you in a few days. Hugs, H

BDJ said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time, so cool!!! Good luck with the Biggest Loser group, it actually sounds really fun. Have a happy day!

Debbie said...

Had a great time Marti!!! Can't wait for the next time!!