Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finally!

Katie's pneumonia is gone (thank heavens). She is feeling so much better and her mood seems to have improved dramatically. She went back to school today for the first time in 2-1/2 weeks. She was so excited to see all of her friends!

Tom is doing well. He had LASIK a week and a half ago and now has 20/15 vision. One eye is a little cloudier than the other one, but he is just happy that he isn't as blind as he was. I am happy to report that I am not as indebted to him as I was right after my surgery in November. He took such good care of me (and had to even help me with washing my hair for two weeks). I kept telling him that I will owe him for the rest of my life. Well, now I don't owe him as much. =D When I took him to LASIK, I couldn't wear any hairspray. None. at. all. I am an "80's-big-hair-girl" and don't go anywhere without my hair being liberally sprayed (Tom claims I am solely responsible for the hole in the ozone). Well, nobody can wear any perfumes/scented lotions/hair spray/mousse/etc. in the LASIK suite. Even family members. I had to go in public with flat hair. Just for THAT, I think he now owes ME forever ;o) .

Sean is thinking of going back to school. He doesn't know what he wants to study, but he is thinking that this "work stuff" isn't all he thought it would be. He is looking at coming to LCCC until he completes his Associate's Degree, then moving over to Laramie to finish his Bachelor's. It would be nice to have him home again. But, he also has several members of the Evanston Police Dept. urging him to become a cop. My vote is for school. I don't like cops very much. I used to be married to one. I'd much prefer he choose a safer occupation so I don't worry so much. Because, you know, it is all about me. Right?!?! LOL

Brendan had an orthodontic appointment today. The dr. is happy with his progress. His teeth look SO MUCH BETTER than before he got braces. We are amazed at how quickly they've straightened out. We also made the final payment to the orthodontist today. The last $1,710. His teeth are now officially "ours".

Well, I'd better get busy. I have a kazillion things to do today. Laundry. Iron. Make beds. Pick up Brendan and the neighbor kids from school (wind chill is below zero today). The usual mundane things I always do.

1 comment:

BDJ said...

So glad Katie is doing better! Now we'll just pray that you guys stay healthy for a little while!
And don't worry about the hair thing, you always look great!