Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday, Monday

OK. So I've been a bad blogger as of late so I thought I'd better update everyone on things here:

I'm still trying to recover from surgery. I've had some internal stitches fail and one part of my right incision re-opened. They are watching it, but it seems fine right now. The dr. thought they might have to re-stitch it, but so far I've been lucky and haven't had to do that. Other than that, I feel great - and I think I look so much better than I did before. Tom bought me a bunch of new shirts because my old ones were too big. I am really happy I did it - even with all of the complications I've had.

Brendan turned 9 on Saturday. I made him his favorite breakfast (cinnamon rolls and bacon - not very healthy, I know). We let him open his gifts in the morning because we were going to be busy for most of the day. We went to Katie's ballet program downtown at the Depot in the afternoon. Then we took him to dinner - anywhere he wanted to go - and he chose..... Godfather's Pizza. Not for the pizza - but for the video games. It was pretty funny. Then we went to see some Christmas lights and came home for cake and ice cream.

Brendan has to go get his top braces on this morning. He isn't looking forward to it at all. After we're done with that, I need to take him to get his birthday treats for school, the drop him off at school, then go to my dr. appt. I have one today and one on Thursday. This is going to be a super busy week.

The kids have one more week of school before Christmas break. I am very excited to have them home for a couple of weeks. I need to get some Cheeseballs made to deliver to the neighbors. Usually I do cookies, but they are just too labor intensive for me to undertake this year. I need to finish a couple of Christmas gifts, print our Christmas letter, address and mail our cards, wrap a BUNCH of gifts, and take time to enjoy the holiday spirit. :o)

Tom is doing well. He'll be in town for the next couple of days, then in Ft. Collins the remainder of the week. He has been such a good care-giver to me since the surgery. I can't even begin to explain how much I appreciate him. He is amazing.

Well, I think that is all that has gone one lately. Take care and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

BDJ said...

Brendan,
I totally forgot. I was going to wish you a happy birthday and didn't, so I hope you had a great B-Day! Good luck with your braces!
Bri