Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fatigue! Ugh!

I am doing a little better each day - but I am super tired. I can't seem to get my energy back. I should be upset by this, but I am trying to look at the bright side - I can relax through the holidays and not feel guilty ;o) .

Thanksgiving will be a low-key event this year. Sean and Marc can't come home due to work commitments. Uncle Don is coming up from Ft. Collins, and our friend Paul will be here as well. Tom is doing a majority of the cooking (I'll help him with the stuffing, cranberries, green bean casserole and gravy, but he'll do the rest). I enlisted the help of Perkins with pies and will go to a local bakery for the rolls. I will watch the Macy's Day Parade (I HAVE to watch it every year) in the morning. I always try to make the kids watch with me, but inevitable wind up watching it by myself. We will eat at around 1:00 then spend the remainder of the day watching football. I love Thanksgiving.

My mother and all of her siblings are gathering for the holiday in Michigan. My Uncle Butch was diagnosed with terminal cancer earlier in the month. This is the first time they've been together since they were kids. Mom, Aunt Linda, and Aunt Sandy had a heck of a roadtrip from Florida to Michigan. Maybe next time Aunt Linda will take my advice and hop on a plane ;o) .

I doubt I fight the crowds on Black Friday this year. First, I can't lift more than 5 lbs. - which really inhibits my shopping capacity. Second, I am too afraid some over-zealous wacko will run into me and hurt me. I am still in quite a bit of discomfort and don't want to risk getting injured. I'd rather spend the extra cash and avoid the pain.

I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, food, and peace. Watch the parade! Enjoy the games in the afternoon! Blessings to you and yours.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you've got the right attitude, Marti! Seriously...enjoy this time "off", okay? You deserve it!! Happy Thanksgiving!