Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Christmas Tag!

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Copy this blog post, change the answers for you, let the person who tagged you know that you have answered, then tag 3 people and let them know. Let's keep this going....
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping Paper
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love the smell of a real tree, but hate the mess so we have an artificial one. I was considering doing 2 trees this year - and having the real one upstairs on the wood floors so I wouldn't have to worry about finding needles in July ;o) .
3. When do you put up the tree? Shortly after Thanksgiving - not a set date though. Personally, I love doing it after Thanksgiving dinner, but Tom complains too much.
4. When do you take the tree down? A couple of days after Christmas - again, no set day.
5. Do you like eggnog? Gag. My oldest two love it though.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Roller skates with pink wheels and stoppers.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Tom
8. Easiest person to buy for? Sean and Marc - money is their favorite ;o)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. I always set it up underneath the Christmas tree (the greatest gift we've received was the birth of Christ). I don't put baby Jesus out until Christmas morning. All during December, Katie and Brendan do good deeds to earn pieces of hay to make the manger soft for the Savior. It keeps them remembering the true meaning of Christmas. I also have a stuffed nativity that the kids are allowed to play with. It is set up next to my porcelain one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I make and mail all my cards.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year, Sean & Marc's Dad bought me a bunch of stuff that obviously wouldn't fit (waaaay too big for me) - but defended himself by saying that was all the store had.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Grinch - classic cartoon version
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? During the fall.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? sugar cookies
16. Lights on the tree? yes...tons, all clear
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night by Michael Tait - awesome!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home - but we are thinking of traveling next year to someplace warm and tropical.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I collect angels - and used to have one on the top of my tree, but Tom found a really neat brass, lit, cut-out star that we now use.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve - then the kids play with Santa's gifts Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? grumpy people
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We collect ornaments each year that are a reminder of something we've done together (or someplace we've traveled). I love looking at all of the ornaments and remembering the great times we've shared.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? pumpkin pie
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Some cute new shirts ;o)

I'm not going to tag anyone, because I just did not too long ago. Enjoy! And Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: