Monday, August 04, 2008

It just keeps getting better!

I had a nice conversation with my friend, Bonnie, today. We are planning our fall scrapbooking retreat in Estes Park. She turns 40 in March. I told her I'd get through my birthday, then I'd help her through hers in the spring. We hung up after a nice, long chat.

Then she called back. She and our other friend, Belinda, decided to take me to Olive Garden tonight to celebrate my 40th! Tom will be home at 6:30 tonight so we'll meet at 6:45. We decided we'd either have wine and dinner, or wine and dessert - but wine was definitely going to be the main course ;o) . Not really. We are all responsible wives and mothers - we don't really go "party" or anything. LOL.

The other day, I was down because I thought I didn't have any girlie friends to hang out with. I just forgot to count them. I have so many great people in my life. God has always been so very generous to me in that regard. He has always placed really good, fun, wonderful friends in my life. I need to be more diligent in counting my blessings. You can bet that I'll be doing that tomorrow! I'm going to think of 40 TERRIFIC things to celebrate. Check back tomorrow. I'll post my list.

Can't wait for tonight. I'm taking my camera and will post pics tomorrow!

Have a blessed day!!!

No comments: