Monday, August 25, 2008

Great Weekend!

Well, we had a nice, quiet weekend. It was wonderful. Tom got to sleep in on Saturday (I woke up at 6:30 due to my allergies), and I slept in on Sunday. The kids got home at about 10:00 am on Sunday morning. They had a blast with Auntie and Uncle Neal. Camping was a big hit! Maybe this will be a regular event?!?!

Brendan begins school on Wednesday. I am really bummed. I love having him home and I am not looking forward to having him gone all day. He will be in Mrs. Holt's class this year - along with 4 of his buddies. He is looking foward to seeing his friends again. We have our "back to school ice cream social" tomorrow night. We go to the school, meet the teacher, eat some ice cream, and then come home.

Katie begins preschool next Tuesday. She will attend on Tues/Thurs mornings. She is super excited. I will be working at the Architect's office on the mornings she is in school. She is also signed up for gymnastics and I need to call the ballet school to register her there, too.

I talked to Marc and Sean today. Marc is enjoying Alaska. He had a grizzly chase his boat last week. Moms hate to hear things like that. Now I am going to worry even more than I already do. Sean is in Roosevelt, UT on a drilling job this week. He emailed me a picture of the site - pretty impressive. He may be there for a few weeks.

We had a BBQ yesterday with a couple of Tom's friends from High School/College (and their families). It was great to see everyone. The kids had a blast, too. They played basketball most of the time, and beanbags (fun game). Katie just enjoyed having everyone there so she could socialize. It is her favorite activity, you know.

Well, I'll post some "1st Day of School" pics later in the week. Blessings to you all!

No comments: