Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I broke my son's face.

Seriously.

Brendan had to get his Palate Expander last Tuesday and I've been the one in charge of turning the little dial every morning and night. The idea is to break the palate, then let him wait 3 months until the bones heal. After that time, he will get braces on his front top & bottom teeth. The orthodontic tech indicated that we'd be able to tell when the palate was split because he would suddenly have a gap between his two front teeth. It happened on Friday. I felt awful. It needed to be done, but I hate being the bad guy on things like this. I don't even take the kids in for their immunizations, Tom does. That is our deal - I get pregnancy/delivery and he gets shots. Unfortunately, I didn't think ahead far enough to tell him that his part of the deal includes breaking bones, if necessary. Ugh!

But, his gap between his front teeth is expanding nicely and he doesn't seem to be in as much pain as he was on Friday when it finally gave-way.

I talked to Marc today. He hasn't had telephone access until this week (after 6 weeks of being up the river). He is doing ok. He is actually quite distraught. His dog, Kye, died while he was gone. His father told him about it the other day on the phone. Marc is just devastated over it. She was his baby. She was diagnosed with a heart condition this past spring, so Marc knew that she had some health issues. He just didn't expect her to pass away while he was in Alaska.

Other than that, life is just peachy! Brendan leaves on Sunday to spend a week with Sean. Tom has a conference up here next week so he won't be driving to Ft. Collins. Unfortunately, we won't be seeing much of him because he'll be gone from breakfast through dinner every day.

I'm going scrapbooking on Saturday in Ft. Collins. Can't wait! Some of the DT gals will be there, and some of my friends of Cheyenne will be going down, too. It should be tons of fun!!!

We went to the Denver Broncos Training Camp yesterday. I got a super good picture of Jay Cutler. I will post it when I get the pics downloaded from the camera. We had a super time. Katie came home with a cool PINK Jay Cutler jersey and Brendan found a neat Broncos cap. They were both happy with their souvenirs!

I'll post later in the week with the pics!

No comments: