Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Friday!

We only have one week of school left and it is summer! I cannot wait. I love summertime - no schedules, warm weather, non-stop fun with the kids, and sitting out late at night enjoying the evening air.

I am the opposite of a lot of moms. I love summertime and I dread the beginning of school. If I had my way, I would homeschool Brendan and Katie and we'd spend every day together. But, it isn't up to me so I relish each day of the summer with the kids. There is nothing better.

My darling husband and I are going to Denver this weekend. All night. With no kids. First time since I was pregnant with Katie - and only the second time since Brendan was born 8-1/2 years ago. Yes, we are a pathetic pair. But, we are packing a lot into our one-night-trip. We are leaving Cheyenne after Brendan's baseball game and driving straight to our hotel to check in. We are staying at THE BROWN PALACE!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooohooooooooooo! I am a little excited, if you couldn't tell. We will then go to dinner and then to see Mama Mia at the Buell Theatre. So cool. I adore Abba music and I can't wait to see the show. I've heard it is wonderful. Then, we'll come home on Sunday morning. Our niece, Jessy, is keeping the kiddos in Laramie Saturday night for us so we'll have to drive to Laramie to pick them up before getting back home Sunday afternoon.

I'll post more next week - and even get some pictures added finally. I got some great ones of the kids in front of our pink flowering crab apple tree last week. So fun. The tree is gorgeous for about 2 days/year - brilliantly pink and absolutely covered in flowers. Stunning. Then, the rest of the year it is just a plain ol' tree.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone. I'll talk at ya next week!

1 comment:

Shanna said...

ooooooooh! Hope you enjoyed your time with Hubby MArti!

And Guess what! I just signed up for the Got Sketch 101 class too! I came to peek in on ya and saw your blinkie! If you see me over there be sure and add me as a friend! I will be excited to see what you create from the sketches!

Have a great day!