Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Wishing all moms a very Happy Mother's Day today!!!

This will be Tom's first Mother's Day without his mother. We are planning on taking some gorgeous pink tulips to her grave today. It will be hard for him, I know.

I am blessed to have many fabulous women in my life. I am grateful, especially today, to have my mother. She lives in Florida so I don't get to see her very often, but she always calls to see how we are doing. I am grateful that she is always just a phone call away. My Aunt Linda is an amazing woman and I love and miss her so much. She, too, lives in Florida. But she, too, is always just a phone call away. I am also blessed that my Dad married Patti. She is so kind and loving to my family. I am beyond grateful to have her in our lives. She is not just a "step-mom" to us - she is, truly, family.

The house is somewhat quiet here. Tom is asleep (he worked most of the night), Brendan is asleep, but Katie is up. and bothering me. as usual. I adore that child to no end - but she just doesn't know how to be quiet.

We were going to go to Mother's Day Brunch today, but Tom decided he doesn't want to. He has this "thing" about people breathing on his food. ;o)

Well, have a wonderful day with your families!

No comments: