Saturday, April 19, 2008

12.6 lbs.

I joined Weight Watchers the day after we returned home from vacation. After trying to lose this poundage on my own (and failing miserably), I have finally decided that this is absolutely unacceptable and I need to do something! So I joined WW.

Since I went for my first weigh-in the day after we got home, I was still retaining water in my hands and feet (and probably a bunch of other places). I was a little shocked at my beginning weight, but quickly decided that it was ok - it is a starting point - and it will never be that high again.........ever.

So, after a week of diligently keeping points, being uber careful about everything, and drinking a gazillion gallons of water, I returned last Saturday for my 2nd weigh-in. The leader saw the number and sputtered, "This is highly unusual! Don't expect this every week. Really, this is not common at all". She then announced that I had lost 12.6 lbs. In one week. Unfortunately, I had to explain to her that it was probably 12.6 lbs. of water, not fat. I had been on vacation......yadda, yadda, yadda.

I go for my 3rd weigh-in this morning. I am quite positive that I won't have lost anywhere near 12.6 lbs. I just hope it is 2.4 lbs. or more so I can get my next 5 lb. gold star. I feel like I'm in Kindergarten. Collecting gold stars again.

Tom and I are off to Denver for the day. Amy will be watching the kidlets (I you, Amy!). I am excited to spend a day with my best friend. We never seem to get time together these days so I cherish these rare occasions when we can sneak away together.

Kids are great. Tom is great. Life is soooooooo darned good.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Great job with your WW Marti. I hope you get your gold star.