Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Doing Laundry Is Hazardous To Your Health!

So.....a few weeks ago I was doing laundry. This seems to be a neverending task around here. Anyways, I was bringing some laundry from the upstairs to the laundry room and I kicked a box of Tide that was sitting directly in front of the washing machine. And I broke two toes. Well, I searched "broken toes" on WebMD and it indicated that the common treatment is to tape the broken toe to a "buddy toe", rest the foot, and ice it. I did none of these.......because I am an idiot. My theory usually is, "ignore it and it will go away". Well, I did (ignore it) - and it didn't (go away). So I have an appointment Friday morning to get it checked out because I can barely walk and I want to be 100% healed before I leave for Hawaii next month. Do ya think it'll be all better in 3-1/2 weeks?!?!

Also, I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how the Tide got downstairs next to the washing machine. I never would've placed it there - I always place it on the utility table next to the washer. I was mad at myself for not being more careful about where I placed things and wondering why I didn't just put it on the table. Well, Tom finally confessed last night that HE had brought it downstairs for me because he wanted to be helpful. Since I can't be mad at him (he was, after all, trying to be helpful), I am now mad at myself for not being more careful about where I was walking.

The house closing had to be rescheduled because the judge hasn't signed the papers yet. Hopefully they will be signed today or tomorrow and then they can close on Friday. It will be so nice to have all of this behind us. We need to get through the tasks so we can begin the grieving and healing process. It has been quite difficult - for Tom and Brendan especially.

I will update on Friday and will hopefully have good news about the house, my toes, and everything else!

Blessings!
Marti

2 comments:

Ema said...

Bummer about the toe! I hope it does heal before you leave for Hawaii! LOL When I first read the paragraph about the house, I thought it read house cleaning! LOL I need to get my eyes examined!

Tricia said...

Marti I hope your appt. goes well at the Dr.'s so you won't have to worry about it while your on vacation.

Hopefully the judge will sign the papers soon and you get that chapter closed.