Saturday, January 26, 2008

I am so blessed. . .

Wow. I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am to our amazing God for always providing for me. I have been hanging out with Katie at home for a few weeks now (forced hibernation, remember?!?!). I have been getting a little tired of being at home, but nothing I couldn't handle. Well, my dear friend Michelle phoned on Tuesday and after we had chatted for a while she asked if I was busy on Wednesday. I told her that I had absolutely nothing going on any day - ever - until April ;o) . She explained that she had a free morning, too (kids both in school and no MOPS meetings) and asked if she could bring me a Starbucks and come visit for a while. She knew I hadn't had much adult interaction since the funeral and though I might enjoy a coffee from my absolute fave spot on earth. Long story short - we had a wonderful visit, sipped fabulous coffee, and I felt so refreshed and renewed when she left. It was just what I needed..........

.......because the next day I woke up with Tom/Katie/Brendan's nasty RSV/cold/flu thing. Ugh!!!!

But at least I had a super morning of coffee, friendship, and renewal before it all hit again!!!

Thank you, Michelle. You are a tremendous blessing in my life!

I'm going back to bed for a while........

Marti

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awww...so sorry you've got the sickies now, Marti! Here's hoping you feel better super soon...so you can make it to design team in a week (and a bit) and chat with me! ;)