Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Thanksgiving Blessings

I went scrapbooking at The Treasure Box on Saturday - and I almost have my Christmas cards finished and ready for mailing! Can you believe it?!?! It feels sooooooooooooo good! Anyway, I shared the day with some really fun (and far too-talented) ladies - and was able to spend 5 whole hours getting my Christmas Cards made. I got about 2/3 of the way done with them. That was a major relief for me. Seriously

I really love this time of year. Summer used to be my favorite season, but since I developed such severe allergies, that honor belongs to the fall season. The crisp air - the smell of wood burning in a fireplace - the leaves crunching underfoot. . . I just love it. Fall is also a time of year when people begin focusing more on home, family and blessings. It really is almost as magical as Christmastime.

I have an abundance of wonderful things in my life. First, I have four beautiful children - well, two children and two men - but I gave birth to all of them. And since none of them look anything remotely like me, I can say I think they are absolutely stunning, too. The man I married is both a wonderful husband AND a top-notch Dad. My parents are both still on this earth. I have hobbies and interests that keep me from ever becoming stagnate. I have a strong faith. I have not gone prematurely gray. I live in a great neighborhood which has provided my children with oodles of extra grandparents. We have a faith-filled home. I have beautiful, talented, and amazing friends. We are all relatively healthy. My Tuesday morning Bible Study group is filled with such terrific women. I have an employer who is completely flexible with my schedule so I can concentrate on my family. I could go on for days...

Anyway, stop and take a minute to count all of your "wonderful things" - you won't be sorry! Email or post them here for me to read - I love that!

Hopefully I'll post before next week - but just in case I can't: Have a happy fall and a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, friends, great food, and lots of good sales!

Love,
Marti

No comments: