Thursday, July 19, 2007

Leaving Town!

Vacation - all I ever wanted.......
Vacation - happy to get away.....

For those of you who aren't as OLD as I am, that was a song by The GoGo's from many years ago. And, yes, I am lame and am sitting here with that song stuck in my head at the moment. I am such a loser ;o)

Anyway, we will be out of town all next week. We are leaving Cheyenne right in the height of Frontier Days and the heat. We are retreating to a quiet mountain hideaway (well, a condo in Winter Park) for a week. The temps are expected to be in the mid-70's (compared to the mid-90's here) all next week and we cannot wait. Of course, Tom is working like crazy trying to get some projects/proposals done before we leave. This is his pre-vacation ritual. Never fails. It happens every time. It drives me nuts. But, once we are up Winter Park, I will forget all about it and he won't be stuck sleeping on the sofa bed. Well, maybe not after the first night or two ;o) .

Brendan's last golf lesson is tomorrow - hallelujah! He spent last night with Uncle Don, comes home tonight, has a birthday party to attend tomorrow morning, golf lessons in the afternoon, home to pack, then leaves on vacation on Saturday morning. That kid lives a great life. I wanna trade!

Sean is still in quite a bit of pain, but seems to be slowly improving. I talk to him daily and he sounds a little better each day. He has an appointment on Monday (and x-rays and a cast change).

I hope all of you have a wonderful remainder of July. I will check back after our trip and post pics of the kids and all of the fun we have planned for them.

Blessings-
Marti

No comments: