Friday, May 18, 2007

Finally - a Real Update!

Life here just keeps flying by. The children continue to grow before my eyes. The two older boys are adults, and it just doesn't seem possible. Tom stays busy at work. And me? Well, I am just watching it all happen. Soaking it in, so to speak. Enjoying the view. Cherishing each moment.

Marc has decided to go to Kodiak in the fall. He is taking a Leave of Absence from school, which doesn't thrill us - but we're going to support him in this. He leaves in a few weeks and we won't see him until October, at the earliest. He is very excited though. He loves going to Alaska and he is counting the days until he leaves. I am excited for him, but I miss him terribly when he is up there. I don't have the luxury of picking up the phone and calling him whenever I want to, and that is really hard sometimes. But, the joy and excitement in his voice is contagious (almost), so I tell him I'm excited and happy for him, too.

Sean has had to withdraw his name from the Exxon job. He needs to get his wrist surgery done now. It is getting worse each week and he can't put it off any longer. I just wish he and his father would have listened to Tom and me when this all happened - and just taken care of it then. But, he thought he'd be playing football forever and missing a season for rehab just wasn't an option for him. I just pray he is able to heal properly this time and that he doesn't have to undergo any further surgeries. I pray he doesn't have any long-term complications, even though I know he will. I pray he is able to get a good job when this is all done - and finally start living his life. He will be in a cast for approximately 5 months. He sounds good and upbeat though. He is going to join us on vacation in July, which will be nice. It'll be strange to have only three of the kids with us - we'll miss Marc a lot, I'm sure.

Brendan is excited for summer. He has a busy schedule already. Baseball has started. They had their first game on Wednesday and his team won 39-12 (no, that is not a typo). He will be taking Summer Religious Ed (CCD) classes in June for two weeks. He will have golf lessons in July, then vacation at the end of July. But, we'll have a lot of time just to hang out, too. We're planning on going to the Ft. Collins pool quite a bit this year. He loves going there and I'm sure Katie will enjoy it, too. He is riding his bike like a fiend now - his big bike even! He was so afraid to ride it, but he caught right on and loves it! He has had a cold and sinus infection this week, which has been no fun - but I think he is finally getting over it.

Katie is Katie. Always perky, moody, sweet, energetic, exasperating, etc. That girl has it all! She goes from "hot" to "cold" in a flash. Her mouth has recovered nicely and she just has a couple of scars still there. Hopefully the Vitaman E will help that. I have to put sunscreen lip balm on her like crazy so her scars don't burn, but other than that she is great. She has embraced the Terrible Twos with a vengeance. I can't turn around without finding a new mess that she's made. She loves following her brother around and doing whatever he does. She can count to 10 now, except she refuses to say "one". It is so funny. If you say one, she'll say two, three...... But she won't start with "one" - ever. I guess we have a few years to get that one down ;o)

Tom is playing golf today - an office team-building afternoon. He has a big deadline on the 31st and had to bring two engineers in from San Diego to help him get it done. It's nice to have the resources available to him to do that. When he worked in Cheyenne, it was only Tom doing the work on his projects - and that led to long hours away from home. This time, he is home on time, and is much less stressed. He and Brendan are getting ready for Memorial Weekend. They always go plant flowers on Tom's family's graves. It is a two-day process, but they both enjoy doing it. Katie might be able to go this year. Brendan was about this age when he started helping his Dad do it.

Nothing much is happening with me, thank heavens. Life is nice and quiet. I'm looking forward to summer - and a little "unscheduled" time. I've been scrapbooking a little more lately. I have a few quilts to finish within the next few weeks, and a bridal veil for my friend's daughter's wedding to complete, too. It sounds like a lot, but they are all things I enjoy doing. The veil will have a ribbon-edging on it. I've never made one like that, so I'm going to practice on one first - only I'll put pink ribbon on the edges and make it into a tutu for Katie. She'll love that.

Well, that is life right now. Just the ordinary. Just the way we like it.

Until next time............

Blessings,

Marti

No comments: