Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy Stay-At-Home-Moms Day!

OK, someone told me that it they read on MSNBC that today is "Stay-at-Home-Moms Day". I'm excited that I have a holiday - but am wondering where my cards are :D . Also, I am wondering why I am always running around in the car instead of staying at home!

I spent all day yesterday making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies for Marc. He always requests them when he is in Alaska. I think it just reminds him of home. I quadrupled the recipe and baked forever last night! I am freezing them and will mail them tomorrow so he should have them by the weekend. He sounds happy and is enjoying himself so far. I mailed him 5 rolls of film and a 1,000-minute Phone Card (which he promptly used to call his girlfriend).

Sean is planning on coming to Cheyenne in July. We can't wait to see him and have him home for a while. He has been accepted to Weber State University in Ogden, UT so he was pretty excited about that (Shalie is also attending there next year). He is still working for his Grandfather this summer.

Brendan is enjoying his summer so far. He finished his Silly Science class at the college on Friday. He had completed his golf lessons the week before, too. He did a great job in both activities. He is getting excited for the 4th of July - and the fireworks.

Katie has moved into a Toddler Bed already. She tried to climb out of her crib (and got her leg lodged between the rails) so we thought we'd better keep her a little lower to the ground. I was sad to have my last baby grow out of her crib so early. She also fell today and skinned her nose. She is so much more physical than Brendan was at that age - heck, she's more physical than Brendan is now! The differences in those two are stunning.

I think the "lasts" in a child's life are more profound than the "firsts". The sad thing about a "last" is that you don't always know it is upon you. You don't wake up and think "tonight is her last night in her crib" - it just happens . . . too quickly. The "firsts" seem more exciting for some reason. But for every first, there is a last. These seem to come along even more quickly when you are dealing with your "last" baby.

Speaking of "lasts", Brendan's final baseball game of the season is tonight. He has really enjoyed himself this year. Which reminds me, I need to iron his uniform. I'll update again soon!

Blessings!

No comments: