Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Mother's Day Weekend




I had a fabulous Mom's Day this year. We left on Friday to see the boys in Logan. It was a long trip with Katie - she isn't as good of a traveler as Brendan was/is. We stopped in Laketown to see Quincey's grave and I put a big ceramic angel on his headstone. He is buried on a hill overlooking the lake and a little raspberry patch. It was beautiful. Difficult, but beautiful. We then continued on to Logan. We had dinner with Marc, went swimming, and put the kids to bed. On Saturday morning, we had breakfast with my friend, Steve, and his family. I graduated HS with Steve 20 years ago (I am soooooooo old). We had the BEST time with them. Sean arrived after breakfast (he had been working in Tooele with his Grandfather). We went to the park and the boys all played football. Shalie arrived in time for lunch, then Sean and Shalie went swimming with the two little ones while Tom and Marc checked out the campus. We had dinner, played mini-golf, and had ice cream that evening. The boys surprised me Sunday morning with a beautiful Precious Moments figurine. I was so surprised! We went to brunch, then began the long drive home. It was the best Mother's Day I've ever had.

Tom has a business trip to San Jose this week. He will be attending a Traffic Control conference on Friday, and will be sight-seeing on Saturday before flying home that evening. He is planning on driving down the coast to Carmel and Monterey. I was going to go with him, but we didn't have anyone to keep the kids. I've never been to Northern California and was so looking forward to going. Oh well, there's always next time.............

Brendan graduates from Kindergarten on 6/2. He is pretty excited. Marc leaves for Alaska on 6/10. Everyone going in different directions........

That is my life, excitingly dull........................ :0)

1 comment:

Mariah said...

What a beautiful family. Such handsome boys and a cuttie pie of a little girl. She is really growing fast. I didn't see much of her when you visited because she was buried in her stroller asleep the whole time. Hi Brendan.

Take Care

Mariah