Friday, May 05, 2006

Is it spring yet?

We woke up to a nice dusting of snow this morning! I cannot believe it is this cold in May. Our high today will be 39 and we are having rain/snow showers all day. I should appreciate it, I guess. By mid-July (when it is over 100 degrees), I will be longing for these cool, wet days.

My 20-Year High School Reunion is coming up this summer. I cannot believe it has been that long. I actually hadn't planned on attending. After the 10-Year Reunion, I promised Tom I would never make him go to another one. It is difficult when you graduate with 13 in your class - and one of those people happens to be your ex-husband. He, Tom, and I actually handled it better than some of my classmates. They honestly didn't know how to deal with us being there with different people. I think it made some people a little uncomfortable. But, now that we are in "planning mode", I am beginning to get a little excited about it. Maybe this time will be easier for all of us.

We are leaving for Utah next Friday. We will be with the boys for Mother's Day weekend. I am sooooooooooo excited about it. We are also going to be having breakfast with one of my high school classmates and his family. They live in Logan and have a daughter who is Brendan's age.

Tom has to go to Laramie tomorrow morning to help our niece move. She is finished with her semester and is moving back home to Tom's Mom's house. I have a feeling he will be very tired (and sore) by tomorrow afternoon.

After we get back from our trip to Utah, Tom has to go to San Jose for a Traffic Conference. I am so jealous. I have always wanted to go to Northern California. We tried to arrange things so I could join him, but we don't have anyone to keep the kids. Tom will be spending one extra day there so he is thinking of golfing rather than sight-seeing. That way, we can discover it together next time he has a meeting there. It is so nice of him to make such a sacrifice for me ;o) .

Marc is finished with his Finals. He will continue working with his Grad Student (doing fish research of some kind) until he leaves for Alaska next month. He is really excited to be going.

Sean pulled his first calf this week. He is helping one of his friends while his friend is out of town. Well, friend's cow couldn't deliver her calf so Sean had to pull it. I don't think he was overly thrilled by the experience (pretty messy and gross), but he was excited that he was successful. He sounded pretty proud of himself when he told us about it.

Brendan lost another tooth this week (his fifth). After the first few teeth he lost, the Tooth Fairy left him dollar bills. Then he complained that he never got any change from her. So, this time the Tooth Fairy left him 5 quarters (for five teeth). He has now decided that maybe he'd like to start receiving "paper dollars" again.

Katie is finally over the stomach flu. That was sure fun for all of us......NOT. I found a great appetite suppressant though: watch your one-year old daughter vomit...................all over the dining room............... during dinner. Tom, Brendan and I were ready to join her. I shudder just thinking about it. I'm just thankful she is feeling better now. She is back to her perky, happy little self.

I got offered a job today. I hadn't even applied for one - I just got a phone call from out of the blue. It was for a full-time position and I am not ready to go back to work full-time. Heck, I can't even make it into work for my 6 hours/week now. Since Tom's Mom got sick, I haven't had anyone to keep Katie while I work so I haven't been able to go in very much. I go in on weekends to catch up on filing, etc. - but I miss being there when PEOPLE are in the office. My niece, Amy, is going to keep Brendan and Katie for me this summer while I work my 6 whole hours each week. Luckily, my boss has been MORE THAN UNDERSTANDING about this.

Well, I've got to go get Brendan from school. I will let you know how the weekend in Utah goes.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are moms.

Blessings-

No comments: